FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT THERAPEUTIC HYPNOSIS
Hypnotherapy is the use of hypnosis in the treatment of emotional, psychogenetic and psychosomatic problems.
Hypnosis is a state of enhanced relaxation in which the mind becomes remote and detached from every day cares and concerns.
In such a relaxed state the subconscious part of the mind is best able to respond creatively to suggestion and imagery by the therapist.
Hypnotherapy can be used for almost any problem treatable by psychotherapy and also for many physical ailments.
SPECIAL REQUIREMENTS FOR ONLINE HYPNOTHERAPY
For online hypnotherapy you need to have access to:
- Either a laptop with webcam, or an Apple iPhone, or an Android Smartphone device.
- A comfortable location, such your bed or your car, where you can be sure that you will not be disturbed, or overheard, for up to 90 minutes, during your consultation and/or therapy.
BENEFITS OF ONLINE HYPNOTHERAPY
The benefits of online hypnotherapy include:
- No travel time required - more time for you to spend on other things that are important to you.
- No travel expense required - more money for you to spend on other things that are important to you.
- No travel stress or anxiety created - therapy can be a less fraught and even more relaxing experience for you.
- No breaking Coronavirus travel restrictions.
- No breaking Coronavirus social isolation restrictions.
- No breaking Coronavirus social distancing restrictions.
Hypnosis for therapeutic purposes can be induced by a combination of:
- Counting down numbers.
- Using music, voice and images.
- Relaxing parts of the body e.g. arms, legs, neck.
HYPNOSIS CAN HELP WITH A VARIETY OF ISSUES
- Panic attacks or anxiety attacks
- Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD)
- Social anxiety
- Obsesssive Compulsive Disorder (OCD)
- Performance anxiety
- Sexual difficulties
- The body and conscious mind are completely relaxed - NOT asleep or unconscious.
- Breathing and heart rate slow down.
- The subconscious mind remains awake and receptive to suggestion.
- The degree of hypnosis can be varied from a very light to a very deep state.
COMING OUT OF HYPNOSIS
- Upon completion of the session, most people feel rested, relaxed and refreshed and are able to safely drive home.
IS HYPNOTHERAPY SAFE ?
- It is very safe when used by a qualified hypnotherapist.
- The subject remains in control at all times.
- Hypnotherapy is approved by the British Medical Association.
- Hypnosis should NOT be used, or ONLY WITH CARE, on people suffering from epilepsy, psychosis, schizophrenia etc.
- Hypnotherapy can help to avoid the problems of many drugs based therapies, such as the risks of: addiction; dependency; overdose; adverse interaction with other drugs; side-effects, and withdrawal symptoms.
- Upon completion of the session the majority of people will return to normal within a minute or so and be able to safely drive home and continue with their day.
- Most people enjoy their hypnotherapy session and find it an interesting, helpful, and transformative, therapy.
YOUR NEXT STEP...
Contact Peter to make an appointment for a free initial consultation.
Visit the website for The Surrey Hypnotherapy Clinic, Woking, to find out more.